Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Follow anything that makes you want to do right. Pursue faith and love and peace, end enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. - 2Timothy 2:22 (NLT)
Sex is in the air our children breathe, the water they drink, the television ads and shows they watch, and the retail stores they visit.
So common has oral sex become in the teen culture that it is called "the new goodnight kiss." - Kristen Blair and Dr. Brenda Hunter
Oral sex is as common as kissing for teens and casual prostitution-being paid at parties to give sexual favors- has become commonplace ... teens don’t think oral sex is any big deal. In fact, they don’t consider it sex ... casual prostitution has become commonplace. - Sharlene Azam as quoted in From Santa to Sexting by Kristen Blair and Dr. Brenda Hunter
What can parents do? Since kids do not believe that they are doing is in the same realm as losing their virginity, they obviously need to have parents talk to them about the risks, emotional and physical, of engaging in sexual behavior. - Kristen Blair and Dr. Brenda Hunter
You need to see yourself as a protector of your child’s innocence, guardian of his purity, and gatekeeper to his soul. ...Your discussions with your teens should begin with three critical topics: What the Bible says about sex, why God forbids sex outside of marriage, and how to set standards to maintain purity. - Dennis and Barbara Rainey
- Teaching Your Teen to Treat the Opposite Sex With Dignity
- Why You're the Best Person to Teach Your Teen About Sex
- Sexually Involved—Yes, No, Maybe?
- Parenting Today’s Adolescent, Dennis and Barbara Rainey
- From Santa to Sexting, Kristen Blair and Dr. Brenda Hunter
- Boundaries with Teens, Dr. John Townsend
- Five Conversations You Must Have with Your Daughter, Vicki Courtney